The ninth day of our Festive Flavours Advent is Tamar Valley Truffle Salt from Tasmania. A premium range of products, beautifully presented, the Tamar Valley Truffle range make for wonderful gifts. You can see the full selection of their products that we have in store here.
Tasmania’s Premiere Truffle Producer is Tamar Valley Truffles located just 20
minutes from the centre of Launceston in Northern Tasmania we are Home of
Tasmania's fabulous Black Périgord Truffle products, grown right on the farm.
Through the winter months in Northern Tasmania as the frosts cool the soil, you will find our team are hard at work from first light. We harvest, clean, weigh, package and ship our raw product to some of the best restaurants in the world in a matter of hours from the time they are harvested.
Our team consists of a few very special and loyal employees of the K9 variety who we could not do without. The fresh cold mornings are the best for the distinct black Périgord truffles aroma to those who are looking for this buried treasure.
Our delicious truffles are also exquisitely crafted into a range of artisan products
including truffle butter, truffle oil and truffle salt (and more!), Our newest and one of our most popular products is our Tasmanian Mushroom and Truffle paste. We
partner with other like-minded artisans in Tasmania to deliver these delicacies that are unique to Tasmania.
The farm is also open for tours and we welcome hosting those interested in helping our team sniff out our world-famous truffles.
Tamar Valley Truffled Gnocci
- Very finely dice tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- Simmer for 30 minutes in a saucepan on the stovetop.
- Add truffled oil, mustard and salt (the less you cook/heat truffles, the more preserved their flavour will be).
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water as per the instructions on the packet (or look up a recipe and make your own if you’re keen).
- Combine the truffled tomato sauce and the gnocchi.